Honeymoon in Bora Bora
The island of Bora Bora is a major honeymoon destination. With its light blue waters, white sand beaches and famous Mt. Otemanu in the backdrop, it is easily one of the most picturesque places on Earth! The island is small, but tourists don’t seem to mind. In fact, one of the most popular attractions here involves the clear waters of the Pacific Ocean.
For the most romantic experience, honeymooners will choose to stay in one of the many overwater bungalows and villas. These little huts, situated above the turquoise water, provide instant fun in the water with a jump off your private sun deck. Watch in amazement as colorful fish swim below your glass paneled floor as they interact with each other in their natural environment. In the evenings, pop open a bottle of good wine and toast to the good life as you enjoy some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world!
Bora Bora is located in the Pacific Ocean and is part of the French Polynesian islands. The island is approximately 11 square miles with a permanent population of 9,000.
- Overwater Bungalows & Villas – Situated on a turquoise lagoon and just a few yards from white sand beaches, these signature bungalows are highly desirable and offer and unique staying experience in paradise.
- Coral Gardens – This colorful reef is filled with thousands of different tropical fish. Perfect environment for snorkeling or scuba diving and has a tendency to take up entire rolls of film.
- Matira Beach – One of the most popular beaches on Bora Bora and offers great scenic views. Also is a favorite spot for locals.
- Mt. Otemanu – Iconic landmark associated with the island of Bora Bora. Offers breathtaking views from all parts of the island.
- Snorkeling / Scuba
- Sunset Cruise
- Shark & Sting Ray Feeding
- 75 – 82° F (year round)
- Motu Mute Airport
- Bora Bora Airport Code – BOB
Flight Time to Motu Mute Airport (BOB) from:
- Los Angeles – 9.5 hours
- Chicago – 14 hours
- New York – 16 hours
Note: These are approximate times spent traveling in the air. They exclude connections and layovers.
Popular Hotel Chains
- The St. Regis
- Le Meridien
- Hilton Resort & Spa
- Four Seasons